Sunday, March 28, 2010

More of Michael's Handiwork

Michael has been a very busy boy this weekend. ****top to bottom****

~Shawl pin – made from Maple

~Size N/10 made from a piece of driftwood picked up on the Oregon Coast. (he thinks it might be Douglas fir) The thumb rest is wonderful

~Size 7 mm - Made out of Maple

~Size G made out of Myrtle wood – this looks funky but if you hold you hook like a knife, it is actually quite comfortable. We saw a similar one posted on a blog, so he thought he would try it.

He has one on the lathe now that he has gotten down to a 3 mm, trying to get it down to a C or 2.75. Cuz that is what I make my socks with! (have one done of my first pair, working on 2nd)

These are so smooth – almost sensual…………I can hardly wait till he gets the little one done to make my next pair of socks.

1 comment:

  1. I think Michael needs to make ME a set of these as well. Oh, I love handmade needles and he's doing a terrific job with these. You lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete